Beliefs that block the development of a relationship
Each couple has their own private set of beliefs, which hold problems in place and make changes for the better much more difficult.
The most common ones include:
- “If I have to ask for something, then – if I get it – it will mean much less to me than if I had received it without asking.”
- “If it wasn’t for him/her, our life would be much more interesting.”
- “If we were really close to each other, we wouldn’t have to talk about things like this.”
- “I can’t be fulfilled in life because of him/her.”
- “Since I am making sacrifices, he/she should, too.”
What beliefs/traps do you know from your own experience or from observing others?
Comment share on facebook ›